It is essential to understand that menopause is not an illness or a medical condition, however, yet due importance needs to be given to its symptoms so that a woman can simply sail through this normal life event; especially, working women need to be more attentive to not let it hamper their career. Read further to understand the symptoms of menopause, precautions you must take and how you can handle it like a boss!
Symptoms of Menopause
The symptoms of menopause are wide and varied. They are not just physically rooted but also psychological, like, loss of self-confidence, anxiety, depression, and others. Hence, it is essential to check symptoms attentively.
Physical symptoms of menopause, include –
- Irregular Periods
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Vaginal Dryness
- Urinary Problems
These are just some of the many symptoms that you could be facing; and, as a working woman, some of these could be highly interfering with your work life.
Effects of Menopause on Work and Career
Menopause and its symptoms affect your work and life in several ways. For example, hot flashes and night sweat could also cause insomnia which would further hamper your work and sleep schedules. Urinary problems, like, urinary incontinence can cause low self-esteem and low self-confidence. Further, work-related problems like stress can also affect symptoms of menopause, thus, leading to a vicious cycle.
These problems can lead to you feeling less interested in your work, lower your commitment towards your job and also affect your satisfaction level with your work and home also. All this needs to be understood and precautions need to be taken to ensure that you can deal with menopause in a reasonable manner.
Essential Precautions in Menopause
Taking care of certain things could help ease your life during menopause and would also ensure that it doesn’t hamper your career. Some of the following precautions are worth checking out –
- Include the following in your lingerie collection –
- Leak-proof Panties – Irregular periods increase worries of staining; stop worrying about it and instead wear leak-proof period panties around your period date to avoid staining.
- Incontinence Panties – These are special panties designed for urinary leak problems during menopause. The 3 layer design provides an anti-microbial and anti-odor wear experience.
- Period Panties – When on your period, opt to wear period panties so that you are confident of yourself and can stop worrying about stains. It also allows freedom of movement and a comfortable fit.
- Include as many healthy foods as possible in your daily diet, like, fresh fruit and vegetable salads. Try to cut down snacking on unhealthy food items and instead reach for a fruit or juice when hungry.
- Exercise regularly to keep yourself fit and also shed off the extra weight that many women gain during menopause. You could try walking or take up yoga for a healthy lifestyle.
- Wearing shapers can help you in maintaining your body during menopause and it would also tone and shape the extra flab.
Most important is the fact that you need to consider menopause as a normal life event that every woman goes through. It is not a disease or an illness. Don’t allow yourself to feel low about yourself instead try to cheer up and make the conscious effort to be interested in daily things like work and home.