About a century ago, the onset of menstruation was around 15 years. Over the past decades the average age has reduced to 12 years. In some alarming cases, 7, 8 and 9 year old girls have got their first period.
Early puberty can lead to emotional and physical problems as the young girls are just not ready for the new challenges.
The main culprit for this seems to be due to change in food habits,food quality and physical activity.
Here are ways to prevent early puberty
- Reduce or completely cut of junk food and drinks.
- Increase physical activity and ensure she is not overweight.
- Avoid white breads and pastas. Stick with whole grain products.
- Eat organic.
- Avoid plastic wrapped foods and plastic water bottles.
- Avoid reheating food in plastic containers.
You can help your daughter through this critical journey by being around for her. You can read our blog on how to prepare your daughter for her first period at school.
Here are some of the things she will need through this growing up phase.
Lil Lady Bras/Camis that cover her nipple buds and give her the right support and lift. You can choose the right ones here.
She can start using Leak Proof Panties everyday. This will ensure that when she does get her first period is not an embarrassing one.
Having a few Period Panties ready in the drawer for when she does get her period will be useful.